February 13, 2020
Prom will be here before we know it, so this letter is to provide information Juniors, Seniors, and their parents need to know. Our hope is that by sending this information to you now, you and your student(s) will have time to plan.
When and Where:
Prom will be held April 18, 2020, at Bermuda Run Country Club in Advance, North Carolina from 7 pm until 11 pm. Dress code is formal attire. As prom is a school-sponsored function, it is governed by the same rules and regulations in force at FHS.
Who is eligible to attend:
- Juniors and Seniors are invited and may bring one guest. The guest must be at least a freshman and no older than 20.
- Outside Guests - If a student wants to bring a guest that does not currently attend FHS, an outside guest request form must be completed and returned for approval with a copy of the driver’s license of the guest to the Principal’s office by Wednesday, March 25th. Forms may be picked up starting Feb. 14th in the front office, school library, or Mrs. Matthew’s room (411D). If your guest is not approved, you will be contacted by the school at least two weeks before the event. The administration is responsible for final approval of all prom attendees.
- Students who have any out of school suspensions or excessive in-school suspensions (3 or more days) will not be allowed to attend the event. Students who have accumulated eight or more unexcused absences will not be able to attend.
How to obtain tickets:
$20 per person for juniors, seniors and early graduates of the senior class
$25 per person for sophomore guests and freshmen guests
$30 per person for outside guests
- Students must be cleared of all school fees and debt before being allowed to purchase prom tickets. All juniors and seniors will be provided with a fee/debt statement in homeroom on March 12th so they can take care of these issues in the office before coming to buy tickets. If freshmen or sophomore guests are unsure if they have debts they may check with Mrs. Doub in the front office.
- Tickets will be on sale from March 26 - April 3 in the library during lunches only.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- No prom tickets will be sold after April 3rd due to spring break the following week.
UPDATE - Debt notices for seniors were sent home March 6, 2020 with graduation information.
Juniors received debt notices during homeroom on March 12, 2020.