Laurie Roberts, Chorus
Keith Senter, CTE
Jamie Campbell, Theatre
Chris Hauser, TA
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
Requirements to Qualify for Membership
In order for a student to be invited to apply for induction into NHS he/she must meet the following Criteria
1. Be a Junior or Senior at Forbush High School
2. Have a weighted 4.2 GPA at the end of their Sophomore or Junior Year
(GPA's will NOT be rounded up)
Invitations to apply for National Honor Society will be handed out within the first two weeks of October.
We have to have time to check and verify GPA's
In order for a student to be considered for membership they must complete an application.
Application Requirements include
1. Membership Application- A short essay about why you think you deserve to be in NHS.
2. Community Leader Recommendation- This can be any person in the community who has seen your strengths through your Character, Leadership, and Acts of Service.
3. Teacher Recommendation- This can be any Teacher, Administrator, and/or Coach who can speak of your Character, Leadership, Scholarship, as well as your Acts of Service for your school.
4. Verification of Leadership- This needs to include any leadership position that you have held throughout your High School Career. These positions can be church, school, and/or community related.
5. Verification of Service Hours- You need a minimum of 50 Service hours through the School and Community during your High School Career in order to be considered for membership. Service Hours WILL be verified!
Students must complete the application in its entirety and turn in to one of the Faculty Advisers on the set Due Date. Late and Incomplete Applications will NOT be accepted!