2018-2019 School Year
This course will consist of a comprehensive study of the goals and objectives covered within the content of American History I as described in the North Carolina Standard Course of Study. All goals and objectives, along with terms, suggested activities for students, and primary and secondary resources are located at www.ncpublicschools.org.
Expectations for Students:
- All students are able to learn. The basis for this class starts with the foundation that all students can and will learn about the history of the United States. This course must be successfully completed in order to graduate from high school in North Carolina.
- All students will be prepared to learn. Students are expected to come to class prepared to learn.
- All students will be in attendance. Students will be expected to be in class ready to begin when the bell rings to start class.
- All students will be expected to give their best effort. The more students learn and develop the ability to learn, the more successful they will be in school and other aspects
- Be in class on time and ready to work
- Bring all necessary materials to class.
- Respect the rights of others to learn and participate in class
- Loose-leaf Notebook Paper
- Pens or Pencils (Blue or black ink)
- Highlighter (any color)
- 1-2 inch/ 3ring Binder Notebook
- Bell-work/Class-work assignments
- Daily Participation Grade
- Quizzes (double weighted)
- Tests (double weighted)
- Exam (25% of grade)
School Phone: 961-4644 (ext. 605)